- 10% Museum Store discounts
- Complimentary drinks at receptions
- Discounts on ticketed events
- Invitations to exclusive events
- Member mailings
- North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) benefits: Reciprocal membership benefits (free admission, museum store discounts and event discounts) at over 1,000 North American 1,000 arts, cultural and historical institutions across North America as part of the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association®. Find NARM museums where you'll be traveling. Likewise, members at participating NARM museums who visit South Dakota Art Museum receive a 10% discount in the South Dakota Art Museum Store.
- Invitation to annual Patrons Circle event
- Discounts on gallery sales
- Donor recognition on our website
- Explorer/NARM gift membership for two new South Dakota Art Museum Members of your choice
- Exhibition sponsorship recognition available
- Private behind the scenes tour with a curator for your household (scheduled)
- Once complimentary use of the South Dakota Art Museum auditorium and multipurpose room (scheduled)
- Private Museum event and art making experience for 25 people of your choice (scheduled)
- Premier exhibition sponsorship recognition available
Membership contribution helps the museum:
- Sustain dynamic exhibitions and events
- Expand the depth of the collections through acquisitions
- Ensure the legacy continues through preservation efforts
Your valued support of the South Dakota Art Museum connects people to art and to each other. Members make it happen! Your generosity and passion make possible the collecting, preservation, exhibition, and interpretation of visual art. You provide access and education, and foster appreciation of the visual arts across the state and beyond. Since South Dakota State University funding applies to Museum salaries and overhead, membership and donations support Museum exhibitions and programs. Every dollar that you give contributes directly to enriching our community and individual lives through art. Thank you sincerely for your support and commitment!
You will receive your membership card in the mail within two weeks of placing your order.
Any questions can be directed to our Membership Coordinator, Carolyne Hart, at [email protected]e.edu or by calling the Museum at 605-688-5423.